Killarney in Co. Kerry is known for being one of the most picturesque towns in the South West of Ireland, with many things to do and see for tourists. It’s the starting and finishing point of the famous Kerry Way Walking Trail! In this blog we will be walking you through the best tourist attractions in Killarney to visit.
Killarney remains one of the top tourist destinations for both Irish and foreign visitors. To get a real feel for the area and attractions you need to head just outside of town. Nestled next-door is Killarney National Park in all it’s glory!
Killarney’s 7 best tourist attractions…
Muckross House and Farm
The nineteenth century Victorian Mansion and it’s gorgeous gardens are a historic story telling landmark which you can’t miss! Fun fact… this well known garden was constructed and originally designed for Queen Victoria’s visit in 1861. If you want to know more about the farming history of Ireland in the 1930’s and 1940’s, head to the Traditional Farms.
This 15th-century tower house (castle), sitting on the banks of Lough Leane, is a typical example of the stronghold of an Irish Chieftain during the Middle Ages. It has recently been restored and is open for all visitors from April to October. Don’t worry because you can still stroll around the grounds throughout the year!
St Mary’s Cathedral
Is the Cathedral of the Catholic Diocese of Kerry. It’s well known Gothic-style structure was designed by Augustus Pugin and built in 1855.
Hiking through the Gap of Dunloe
This famous landscape is visible from miles around and situated in between two of Ireland and Killarney’s largest Purple and Tomies Mountains and is a very popular hiking holiday destination.
The view of this spot is probably the best known attraction in the heart of Killarney National Park. In fact Queen Victoria’s ladies-in-waiting visited during the Royal visit in 1861 and were so pleased with the view it was named after them!
Another well-known tourist attraction in Killarney, is the Torc Waterfall, this nature landmark is a traditional stopping point for bus and coach tours meaning it can get quite crowded. However if you do get a chance to get out and have a look, it’s definitely worth it!
The Ring of Kerry
Finally the one of the most famous tourist attractions in Killarney… The Ring of Kerry
Of course the overall main attraction looking at this list is the Killarney National Park, take in the beautiful scenery, the peaceful surroundings but do not disturb it’s wildlife! Now we’ve given you a ‘To do list’ for when you go to Killarney, you can now find out how the tourist attractions in Killarney effect local businesses.
Did you know?
- In 2016 the South West of Ireland (Co. Kerry and Co. Cork) had 6,247,000 visitors according to Failte Ireland’s 2016 Tourist Fact Report.
- This number of tourists brought in €2.1bn of revenue for the region!
- All businesses have said that 2017 had been better than expected! And with that in mind, 2018 is looking to be a successful year too due to the tourist attractions in Killarney!
Now with those figures it’s evident that these tourists need access to cash… have you ever felt like there might be something missing from your business? Something that might offer your customers more of an incentive to enter? Well look no further because we know exactly what you need! A cash machine… hear us out because it makes sense.
When you go to a foreign country you don’t always know how much cash you will need for the trip, some tourists will withdraw less knowing they can use a cash machine abroad and some take more than necessary, but really you can never be too sure. So with 6m tourists visiting the South West of Ireland on a holiday and spending over €2.1bn, you can guarantee that they will want to withdraw more cash at some point! Trying to find an ATM in a foreign country could become stressful and that’s why your business could be their savior!
Having an ATM in your business has limitless benefits! Just check out these facts:
- An ATM in an average convenience store increases basket spend by an average of 65%. So if you have an ATM onsite, the customer is more likely to see something in your shop that they want and start splashing their cash.
- It makes the customer more aware of your business whether it’s a shop or a hotel they will now know where in that area an ATM is. You don’t want to miss out on potential customers do you? 80% of users will revisit the ATM site at least once a week which drives footfall to your store. You also could be the only place with an ATM in the area….
- People feel much safer withdrawing their hard earned cash in a trusted environment, such as a hotel or local store, so you can bet that they will come to you for ATM use if you’re offering it.
According to the ACS Local Shop Report 2017, 58% of shops now have ATMs because 76% of customers pay by cash… you could be one of them! To find out more about how an ATM will benefit your business, check out this blog.
If you’re interesting in adding a cash machine service to your business, please get in touch and we’ll happily book an appointment for you to meet one of our team! Happy touristing!